Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Vegan Banana Peanut Butter Pancakes!

I love pancakes.  Like.. writing this blog post makes me want to get up and make more now.  I'm not even hungry.  I was thinking about having an apple.  Now I want pancakes..

This is the least sexy picture I could have gotten.

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium to large banana, ripe
  • 1 1/4 c non-dairy milk (I prefer unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2-3 tbsp sugar (adjust to taste)
  • 1 tsp chunky peanut butter per pancake
  • Oil for your pan
Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.  Mash the banana in a bowl.  Mix in the non-dairy milk.  Ideally mix your dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the bowl of wet ingredients, but I'm usually too lazy for this and I still get tasty pancakes.   Pour pancakes into pan in preferred sizes.  When bubbles form in the center, they're ready to flip.  Don't over flip them.  Pancakes are simple and easy; enjoy that about them.

Serve with a smattering of chunky peanut butter melted over top.  This makes four to six large pancakes.

Alternatively: Peanut butter and jelly banana pancakes!!

Same as above, but with strawberry jelly on top of the peanut butter.
Nutritional breakdown (counting as one serving; definitely enough for two):
Total Calories: 838
Total Fat: 32g
Total Carbohydrates: 122g
Total Protein:  21g

Want to feel better about this fatty, carbohydrate heaven?  Mix a scoop of protein powder in with your dry ingredients!  You may need a little more "milk" if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment