Sunday, January 26, 2014

Breakfast Smoothie: Chocolate Banana

I love making this for breakfast. It's super fast & easy, and I know I'm getting a nice boost of protein, simple carbohydrates, and some good fat from the hemp to start my day.



Ingredients:
  • 1 c almond milk* (vanilla, unsweetened)
  • 1 tbsp raw agave nectar
  • 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs (could also use cacao powder)
  • 1 tbsp raw supergreens
  • 4 tbsp raw hemp protein powder
  • 1 medium-large banana (frozen is best)
  • 1 c spinach (also best frozen)

Directions:
With my Ninja, I prefer to use the small blending cup when I'm doing single servings (this is about 2 cups blended).  I put in my milk first, followed by my banana, my powders & cacao nibs, and top everything with the spinach.  I start off using the dough button (#1) for about 5-10 seconds, then bump it up to blend (#2) for 10-20 seconds, followed by about 10 seconds on crush (#3) to break down the cacao nibs.

Pour into a glass & enjoy!

*not a raw food, though you could make it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment