Monday, March 11, 2013

Modified Vegan Brownies!

I found the Sarah Kramer How It All Vegan brownie recipe online (because my book has gone MIA in the move) & made some modifications to suit my diet and pantry.  Can I just say that I am insanely excited to use the Calphalon pan that Clancy bought me?!

Ingredients:
1.5 cups flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 scoop protein powder (I used Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean which is sweet, and has smooth texture)
1.5 cups soy milk (or other "milk")
1/3 cup oil/butter (I used Earth Balance Buttery Spread, just to melting point)
1/4 cup confectioners sugar (optional; for topping)

Directions:Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl sift flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, protein powder and salt. Add oil and soy milk. Stir gently until just mixed. Pour into 8X8 inch pan and cook for 30-35 minutes. (Check by inserting a toothpick).  Allow to cool completely, then sift confectioners sugar over top.

Nutritional facts (per brownie; serves 12):
Calories:  163
Fat: 6g
Carbs: 24g
Protein: 5g

No comments:

Post a Comment