|Clancy's chili is in the monster tupperware container at the bottom.|
I've already eaten two servings of mine...
And by the way? This chili is a vegan protein powerhouse. You're welcome. =]
Ingredients for my chili:
- 2 cans of chili ready diced tomatoes (or just diced tomatoes, adjust your spices accordingly)
- 1 can golden sweet corn
- 1 can dark red kidney beans*
- 1 can black beans*
- 1 pkg Tofurkey Ground Beef Style
- 3 mini sweet peppers (or 1-2 bell peppers), diced
- yellow onion (I used up what I had left in the fridge, I recommend 1/2-1 medium onion), diced
- Season to taste (cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, white pepper, chili powder, garlic, etc)
Pour all of your canned ingredients into your crock pot and put it on high. In a nonstick pan over medium high heat, saute your onions and peppers in your oil until your onions are starting to go translucent. Add your "beef" and continue sauting for about five minutes per package instructions. Stir your "beef" into your chili. Let your ingredients cook for a couple of hours, stirring occasionally, and adding water as needed. Bump it down to low, and let it simmer as long as you see fit (chili tends to simmer all day & night around our house). Enjoy with homemade biscuits and peanut butter sammiches!
Nutritional info (serves 8?):
* = feel free to use whatever beans you like! It's your chili!
posted from Bloggeroid