Wednesday, February 11, 2015

About that wagon.. also, taking responsibility for your journey.

Hey guys!  I feel like I've disappeared off of the internet.  I'm still on Instagram on the reg, but it's been harder to sit down and type anything up.  My schedule got the usual holiday trainwreck that retail causes, and my entire life got derailed from working too much and too many mids and closes.

I'm at a crossroad in my life.  I don't want things to stay how they are.  That's an exciting and terrifying feeling.  The only thing I want to stay the same in my life is who I share it with.  I am ready for a new career with a stable schedule.  I am ready to get on and stay on the daily grind that is a physically fit and balanced life.  I don't want to get derailed by stupid excuses.  Most of all, I am ready for Aaron and I to have time to spend together to really have a life together and focus on it being long, healthy, happy and prosperous.  I feel like a lot of things in my current life have to change to make that possible, but I am ready to do whatever it takes.

I fell off of the running bandwagon pretty hard over the holidays.  It got cold and I got busy, so I found every excuse under the sun to not run each day.  NO MORE.  My fit life is my own personal responsibility.  There will always be excuses, and they will always be just that, excuses.  There is absolutely no reason why I can't fit in a workout at least three days a week.  Even if I have to keep to a short twenty minute run, or a couple of quick reps first thing in the morning, there is literally no valid reason to not workout.  Right now I'm shooting for working out Monday through Friday, with rest days on Saturdays and Sundays to maximize the time I get to spend with Aaron.

I started the c25k app and I can't recommend it enough.  I love it.  The coaching is spot on, it's easy to use, it's easy to understand, and it doesn't expect you to run everyday.  It actually encourages rest days because it's setting you up to succeed.  If you fail, if you're own shortcomings, not the app.  I know that if for some reason I don't complete these trainings, it is my fault.

With this newly kindled flame, you will be finding me on here a lot more, as well as on my Youtube again.  I haven't completely decided where I want to take my youtube, but I'm just going to start making videos again and see what happens.  I wanted to get one done today, but I slept in and refused to skip my run, so here we are.  I can probably get in a quick vlog if nothing else though.  It's settling, but it's not failing.

Just to show you guys what you've been missing out on my IG, here's the last three days and my last three workout pics:

Monday was the first day of the c25k app.
Monday was the first day of the c25k app.
Day two was an off day so I focused on a fun little strength workout.
Today was day two of the app.  I'm loving it.
Okay, I'm off to record that vlog now.  Talk to you guys soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment