Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What's In My Pantry: Food Haul!

Got some items in from Amazon.com and from Whole Foods, so I just wanted to share a food haul with you guys.

My pantry is happy now.  =]
Bob's Red Mill Chia Seed ($30.80 for 4-16oz bags):
I have actually not bought this brand of chia seeds yet, so we're going to see if I like them.  I have primarily purchased them from Whole Foods in either the 365 brand or maybe Spectrum or Nativas.  I've also had the Chia Co brand as well and liked them.  I ordered them online because you can't beat that price.

PB2 Chocolate ($28.28 for 4-16oz bags):
These are usually $5.99 for 6.5oz in store.  I saved one of the little containers to dump the bag into as needed so that I'm not spilling a 16oz bag all over the floor when I'm half asleep (yes, I do this).  I love PB2 in my smoothies (with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70 usually), in post workout pudding, with fruit, etc.  This stuff is so versatile and delicious, I can't help but love it.  Honestly, I could eat this by the spoonful, haha.

Bulk Nutritional Yeast ($1.20):
I just get this from the bulk bins.  I don't eat it often, but I have pasta in the cabinet I'm trying to get through, and I'm a simple girl.  Some pasta with nutritional yeast, hot sauce, oil, garlic salt and pepper.. done.

Spectrum Decadent Blend Chia & Flax Seed with Coconut & Cocoa ($6.59 on sale, plus $2 coupon):
Oddly enough I remember liking this a lot better the last time I had it.  I don't know what I'm doing differently other than using coconut milk, which I think may actually be the issue.  Well see once I blend it in to a smoothie.

Nasoya Black Tofu Plus ($2.50 with $1 off coupon):
I really like this tofu.  I don't know if it's actually any different than regular tofu, but in general the texture is nice and it tastes good.  I prefer to get this tofu over any of the others I've tried.  Still trying to find tofu and seitan with hemp in it though.  They supposedly exist.

Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze ($2.19 each plus $1 off coupon):
This is my preferred milk replacement.  I usually get this, or So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Plus.  The Almond Plus has a slightest better texture and higher protein, but I usually just grab whatever is cheaper.  The difference isn't worth paying more to me.

So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk (2/$4 plus $1 off coupon):
It turns out I don't like coconut milk as a milk replacement.  I used to love it, but I also used to buy the sweetened crap so that might be why.  I'm not really digging this, and I think it's because I'm so used to almond milk.  This is by no fault of So Delicious, so please don't hold it against them.  This is the most interesting thing about having so many options for "milk", some you will love, some you will hate.  You won't know until you try them.  Also, when I say I don't like it, realize I mean I don't prefer it.  I'm still going to use all of these up no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment