Friday, August 7, 2015

Wild Rose D-Tox Cleanse Update: Day Five!

The biggest difference I have seen in the last five days has been with my skin. I'll show you what I mean.

That is insane. I don't know if you guys can tell as much in photos as I can in person, but my skin is so much clearer already.  I started taking Spironolactone almost a month ago and that has made a huge difference in the cystic blemishes that I would get on my jawline and neck.  Now I'm just trying to clear up a lot of closed comedones.  I think I'm going to go through today and do some extractions, actually.  I am so excited with my skin right now.

The other big difference I have noticed is with my stomach.  It's hard to do a true side by side so I didn't bother with photos since I started my period the day after I started the cleanse.  I was bloated and crampy and it's just not a responsible comparison to how my stomach looks now.  But I can definitely see a difference in the bump that is forever my belly.  I have loose skin from when I used to be heavier, so I don't have unrealistic expectations for my stomach, but I do want it to be flatter overall, and to have more of a defined waist.  My stomach is considerably flatter, which indicates that I'm getting inflammatory foods out of my system.  Sadly, I think I need to accept that wheat is no good for me and save it as a special and rare treat instead of overloading my diet with it.  Also, this cleanse has eliminated sugar from my diet, which means no soda because I don't do diet soda due to the artificial sweeteners.  The only artificial sweetener I am comfortable using is stevia.  There are sodas that use it, but it's just as easy and cheaper to do without.

I was planning on doing a one week update, but that seems silly since I'm doing one today, so I maybe not check in until day ten, and then final thoughts on the cleanse.

1 comment: