Sunday, July 7, 2013

What's In My Pantry

People constantly ask me what's in my pantry & what I eat.  Lately, I've been doing a lot of bicycle commuting so I've been more conscientious of my protein and general calorie intake in the morning versus my usual game of skipping breakfast.  I have found that I'm a-ok to drink my breakfast, so I've been pairing a morning protein smoothie with my daily vitamins to fuel up before I hit my bike ride.  It's only 5.5 miles to the nearest train station, but most of that is on the road, and part of that is through terrifying construction.  I'm trying my damnedest to keep up & not be a wuss.  Keep in mind, I'm really not that experienced with bike commuting.  I've casually done it around my college town, but it was never my primary means of transportation and rarely was I seriously on the road.  That's all changed now that I live in White Rock.  I can either take the train, or I can make a ridiculous bus commute.

My morning smoothies have been lacking.  I'm not going to lie, there is a nearly finished tub of Plant Fusion back in Ohio that I dearly, dearly miss and wish had ended up in one of the boxes that came to Texas!  To date, I have not tried any protein powder that I like as much as the kinds I've had from Plant Fusion and SunwarriorVega is on my list to try, but I just can't presently justify the price tag.

This is pretty much all I have in the pantry, haha.

I have purchased all of these items in the last few days to replace the things I don't have anymore.  This move has taken away pretty much everything I had besides my bed, my desk, my makeup.. and my dog?  I've been trying a lot of new things because in general, I'm trying to start fresh and get serious about this.  I always dabble in weight loss, but I'm a little more focused now on actually toning up and slimming down more so than weight loss.  The number going down on the scale is only going to carry me so far into healthy.

I got the Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender with Travel Lid (Google Affiliate Ad) at Walmart the other day for $14.52 plus tax.  Absolutely no regrets on it.  I would gladly repurchase this blender as long as I get at least 6 months out of it.  The only issue it's given me was when I used too much frozen fruit.  Otherwise, it has performed better than expected and I am very happy with it.

I picked up the Raw Protein from Garden of Life at Whole Foods on sale.  I wanted the Vanilla flavor, but other than two lonely tubs of chocolate on the shelf, they were completely sold out due to the sale.  I will say that this stuff isn't bad, but it's not all that sweet or strongly chocolate.  That isn't necessarily bad since not everyone has a sweet tooth, and you can easily add to it.  That's precisely why I picked up the PB2.  I can't wait to try it tomorrow.

I picked up the Jarrow Formulas Brown Rice Protein in Vanilla on clearance at GNC.  I wanted a vanilla, though with the strong rice taste, it's hardly a 'vanilla'.  It's a little more neutral than the chocolate though when I don't want the protein to change the flavor of the smoothie.  It's still better than the strong soy taste that comes with cheap vanilla soy vegan protein powders.  I don't think I ever want soy protein again, haha.  It was worth the $12 I spent on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment