Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fronch Toast!


I was going to make this for dinner last night, but Clancy wasn't hungry when he got up for work (3am).  That means I had breakfast all prepped and ready to go for me!  =D  I was impatient and didn't let them soak long enough before frying them though, so they turned out more chewy than last nights test run.  Boo!

I'm guessing that there is probably 400 calories in this meal (with my morning coffee), but I'm not sure because I don't feel like loading everything into myfitnesspal.  It's mostly carbs, and that's what I need this morning; raw fuel!  Now to hit the ground running!

Here are the original ingredients, from theppk.com:
Loaf of Italian or French bread, baguette shaped, preferably stale
1/2 cup soy creamer (rice or soy milk would make a good substitute, preferably rice)
1/2 cup rice milk or plain soy milk
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/4 cup chickpea flower
Several tablespoons canola or vegetable oil

But in my infinite wisdom, I had to make several substitutions due to my poor planning.  I only had whole wheat flour in the house, and no non-dairy creamer at all (I just used a full cup of vanilla soy milk).

No comments:

Post a Comment